ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS AT THE TBILISI TIMES

Prime Minister’s Counselor Refuses His expected Appointment as Economic Development Minister

Vakhtang Lezhava, the Georgian Prime Minister’s counselor and former deputy minister of economic development, refuses as if he had been offered to occupy the position of the Economic Development Minister of Georgia.

The information on my expected appointment as the Economic Development Minister is not true, Lezhava told GBC.

“Currently I am abroad and I have no information of any kind of reshuffles. Moreover, I assure you I have not been offered any position”, Lezhava noted.

As reported, several days ago Georgian media agencies reported on expected cabinet reshuffles in the Georgian government, including in the Economic Development Ministry. According to one of the versions, Vera Kobalia, founder of Coalition for Justice nongovernmental organization, is said to become the Economic Development Minister.